Admission to the Doctoral Programme is only through public selection. The call for applications is open to students of all nationalities, who have an Italian "laurea specialistica" or "laurea magistrale" - i.e. who are graduates - a university degree according the previous Italian regulation, or equivalent degree qualification obtained abroad, i.e. Master of Science Degree.
The Selection for the intake 2021/22 is closed!
All information are available here (English version available on the top right web-page)
Reserved topic positions for applications - intake 2021/22.
- AGRI01 - Exploitation of mating interference for biological control of Bagrada hilaris – BIOBAG
Scientific Referents: G. Anfora, M. Cristofaro, V. Mazzoni
- AGRI02 - Insect rearing: welfare and sustainability - BEFWelSust
Scientific Referents: Sihem Dabbou, M. Meneguz
- AGRI03 - Identification of grapevine Pectato Lyase genes altering Berry Texture during ripening – BerTex
Scientific Referents: L. Dalla Costa; G. Malacarne
- AGRI04 - Use of systems biology and NBT approaches to develop biotic and abiotic stress resistant grapevine plants - GrapeSystress
Scientific Referent: M. Malnoy
- AGRI05 - Efficacy and ecological impact of classic biocontrol program ms against the spotted-wing drosophila, Drosophila suzukii -SWD-CBC
Scientific Referent: M.V. Rossi Stacconi
- AGRI06 - Genome editing for engineering resilience to climate changes in grapevine -STOMALTER
Scientific Referent: L. Dalla Costa
- AGRI07 - Research into the role of potential new vectors of apple proliferation phytoplasma – ORISHI
Scientific Referent: M. Baldessari
- FOOD08 - Rapid VOLAtilome profiling of raw and roasted HAZelnuts by direct injection mass spectrometric tools and correlation with their sensory quality through sensory and chromatographic assessment – VolHaz
Scientific Referent: F. Biasioli
- ENVI09 - A new game to play: emerging ecological functions of large herbivores in rapidly changing Alpine ecosystems - UNGULALPS
Scientific Referent: F. Cagnacci
- ENVI10 – SUPER (Snow rUnoff production in Po rivER basin)
Scientific Referents: R. Rigon, S. Pecora
- ENVI11 - Development and testing of new parameterisation schemes and downscaling procedures for high-resolution numerical weather prediction and reanalysis
Scientific Referents: D. Zardi, G. Ferrari
- ENVI12-13 – MUR – Departments of Excellence scholarships - Candidates interested in this scholarship can develop their research project on one of the following sub-topics:
1) Understanding sediment transport processes for improving river management - Scientific Referents: W. Bertoldi, M. Tubino
2) Response of meandering river dynamics to climate and anthropogenic stressors - Scientific Referent: G. Zolezzi, M. Tubino
3) Valorization of biowaste for material recovery: macro-nutrients and carbon for soil, and activated carbons for water remediation - Scientific Referent: L. Fiori
For details of the reserved topics, please check the download box.
- Deadline for applications: 24 August 2021, hrs. 04.00 PM (Italian time, GMT +2);
- Assessment of qualifications: starting from August 30, 2021;
- Publication of the list of candidates admitted to the interviews: within Friday, 3 September 2021;
- Interviews: from 6 to 10 September, 2021.
- Final ranking list will be published by 24 September