Admission to the Doctoral Programme is only through public selection. The call for applications is open to students of all nationalities, who have an Italian "laurea specialistica" or "laurea magistrale" - i.e. who are graduates - a university degree according the previous Italian regulation, or equivalent degree qualification obtained abroad, i.e. Master of Science Degree.
This year call for applications - intake 2020/21 is closed.
All details about this year selection are available here (English version available on the top right web-page)
Reserved topic positions for the intake 2020/21.
- AGRI01 - Understanding of grapevine communication mediated by volatile organic compounds for the resistance against downy mildew - VOLAGRAPE
(Michele Perazzolli; Michael Oberhuber; Peter Robatscher)
- AGRI02 - Enhancement of plant tolerance to cold stress by psychrotolerant bacteria and characterization of the involved mechanisms - COLDERANCE
(Michele Perazzolli; Rainer Schuhmacher)
- AGRI03 - Research and Development of new biological alternatives based on Plant Extracts, Microbials and soft chemistry for the control of the Grapevine pathogen Downy Mildew (Plasmopara viticola) as a base for the development of new IPM strategies in the crop
(Gerardo Puopolo; Dario Sterzi, Gowan)
- AGRI04 - Dissecting the genetic and physiological mechanisms of grapevine resilience to heat stress
(Laura Costantini, Luca Cappellin)
- AGRI05 - QualiMap: Genetic mapping of fruit quality traits in pear (Fabrizio Costa; Jordi Giné Bordonaba)
- AGRI06 - New strategies for Botrytis bunch rot control for a sustainable viticulture
- AGRI-FOOD07 -Management of varietal thiols in wines using biotechnical tools” - “Biothiols” (Tomas Roman; Tiziana Nardin)
- AGRI-FOOD08 - Eno Functional Agro Pedology: Agro pedological determinants of fine chemical composition, quality and shelf life of Trentino's white wines. "PEDOWINES"
(Giorgio Nicolini, Roberto Larcher, Tiziana Nardin)
- FOOD09 - Traceability and authenticity of food using 1H-NMR profiling
(Camin Federica, Bontempo Luana)
- ENV10 - Development and application of a Flow-tracking Polar Organic Chemical Integrated Sampler for quantifying of pesticides fluxes in Alpine streams - FLOW-POCIS
(Guido Zolezzi, Roberto Larcher)
- ENV11 - Impact of human activities on the hydrology and water resources of mountains areas of Adige and Tevere rivers basins
(Riccardo Rigon, Christian Massari)
- ENV12 - Assessment of atmospheric flows and turbulence over sloping terrain and their impacts on agricultural operations and crop protection - MOUNTAGRIMET
- ENV13 - River Ecomorphodynamic modelling
(Annunziato Siviglia, Walter Bertoldi)
- ENV14 - Changes in the Mediterranean climate with global warming: Impacts on water resources
- ENV15 - Movement behavior impacts and population consequences of an intensive white-tailed deer sterilization program in New York City
- ENV16 - ENV-16 Hydro-morphodynamics and water-related ecosystem services in near-natural river corridors and wetlands
(Guido Zolezzi, Davide Geneletti)
For details of the reserved topics, please check the download box.
- Deadline for applications: 20 August 2020, hrs. 04.00 PM (Italian time, GMT +2);
- Assessment of qualifications: starting from August 24, 2020;
- Publication of the list of candidates admitted to the interviews: within 8 September 2020;
- Interviews: from 14 to 18 September, 2020.
Candidates will be informed about the exact schedule via e-mail.