Point of contact at UniTrento
prof. Eugenio Aprea (coordinator)
prof.ssa Flavia Gasperi
dott.ssa Annachiara Berardinelli
dott.ssa Sihem Dabbou
The research unit studies the interactions between raw materials and the effects of processing on the quality of food products in order to optimize the processing, improve the final characteristics of food and increase its shelf life. The researchers part of this unit have multidisciplinary skills ranging from food chemistry to analytical chemistry, from animal husbandry to engineering, from sensory analysis to the development of sensors for process monitoring.
The main lines of research are:
- characterization and valorisation of raw materials for food production;
- evaluation of the effect of processing on food;
- development of transformation and conservation processes to increase the shelf-life, usability, sensory and nutritional qualities of food;
- development of formulations for the food industry;
- development of rapid and economical sensors to monitor food quality and process parameters.