The Research Unit investigates the interactions among atmospheric and climate factors and agricultural and forest systems on the following topics:
- development and implementation of instruments and monitoring systems, both in situ and from remote, of the main meteo-climatological variables of interest for agriculture and forestry;
- development of mathematical and numerical models to study the evolution of meteorological variables at several scales (synoptic, local, microscale), including turbulent fluxes;
- study of meteo-climatological extreme events with impacts on agricultural and forest systems;
- development of forecasting systems to support agricultural and forest management, including agricultural operations, sustainable use of water resources, risk protection (both meteorological factors and pathogens), and resource planning;
- study of biogeochemical cycles, with special focus on vegetation-atmosphere interactions;
- study of climate change and the interactions with agricultural and forest systems, including impacts.