The Center for Agriculture Food Environment was established through a framework agreement that was signed between the University of Trento and Fondazione Edmund Mach on 22 September 2015.
The Center enhances and strengthens the well consolidated collaboration between the two institutions in teaching and research in the areas of agriculture, food products and the environment.
In particular, the objectives of the Center are:
- to promote a close collaboration between FEM and UniTrento to design and carry out joint research projects in the relevant areas of interest, to enhance the available knowledge and develop synergies, including through investments in a wider choice of courses
- to contribute to the promotion of a development, integration and resource optimization model, to make the most of resources invested in agri-food, environmental and forestry research. Such a model must ensure the maximum return on investments in the whole region, including in cooperation with other public organizations
- to create, thanks to C3A, a common working space to:
- increase the scientific outputs in the areas of food and agriculture, environment and forestry;
- participate jointly in research, development and higher education projects, at national, European and international level, encouraging partnerships and synergies;
- offer joint degree programmes and doctoral programmes in common areas of interest
- present proposals and strategies to capitalize on the technical and scientific results achieved through joint research, in terms of patents and technology transfer to the business sector and of knowledge
- dissemination to the scientific community and other interested parties; share human, financial, technological resources and physical space in common areas of interest.
- February 2017: full operativeness of the Center with six new professors taking office
- 18 September 2017: first lectures of the Viticulture and Oenology programme
- 21 September 2017: formal inauguration of the Center
- 30 May 2018: first European research funding for a project in the area of organic agriculture in cooperation with Fondazione Edmund Mach
- 7 June 2018: establishment of the Steering committee of the Viticulture and Oenology degree programme
Further and more detailed information about the history of the degree course in Viticulture and Oenology are available in Italian as download here.